Woodlands Endoscopy Center offers a degree of convenience and simplicity that is unmatched by other choices for your procedure. Your admitting time is short and simple, parking is ample and nearby and there are no miles of hallways and other confusing barriers to navigate — just a pleasant outpatient environment. Our patient satisfaction surveys repeatedly earn high praise for the center and its specialized staff; 100 percent of our patients give us “satisfied” or “very satisfied” ratings.
Woodlands Endoscopy Center is designed as a facility which is planned and administered to support a safe, comfortable, effective environment for patients and personnel and to give assistance to the Medical Staff in meeting certain restorative health needs of patents without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.
- To create a safe physical environment in preparation for the scheduled procedure, during the procedure and immediately following the procedure;
- To provide an atmosphere of compassion and understanding with minimal stress and anxiety;
- To function at a high level of efficiency to accommodate the convenience of both the patient and the physician;
- To assist the physicians in the accomplishment of a plan of diagnostic and surgical treatment for each patient;
- To promote the knowledge and skills of the Center Staff as a means of meeting technical and scientific progress in the delivery of health care and to be aware of new research, new products and new ideas which may modify and improve present activities and procedures; and
- To initiate and maintain self-governance for the Medical Staff as set forth by the Governing body.
Patient Safety in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Patient safety is of the utmost priority to our center’s physicians and staff. Our governing board provides oversight for the quality of care. Our facility is licensed by the state as an ambulatory surgery center and certified by Medicare to ensure you receive the best care. We also undergo voluntary accreditation by the Ambulatory Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), one of the national organizations that accredits a wide variety of ambulatory health care settings. AAAHC currently accredits more than 6,000 organizations.
Our physicians utilize our center because we partner with them to deliver high-quality, patient-centered care in an outpatient setting which provides comfort and ease of access. While hospitals provide a wide range of support services 24 hours a day, we are designed to focus on the patient’s specific procedure or surgery experience and preparation for recovery at home
Based upon your medical history and health assessment, and the procedure to be performed, your physician will select the best care setting for your specific healthcare needs. In some cases, it may be determined that the hospital is the best setting for your planned procedure.
Complications can occur in any healthcare setting where surgery is performed, and we are well-equipped to respond accordingly. With knowledge acquired from more than 250 other surgery centers, we have established best practices and safety standards while also meeting or exceeding regulatory and accreditation requirements.
In very rare instances when a patient requires emergency care while at the center, we have extensive procedures in place to respond. We have physicians, registered nurses, anesthesia providers and those trained in CPR and the use of emergency equipment in the facility to respond as needed. We are also fully equipped with appropriate equipment to respond to emergencies, and if necessary, we can transfer patients to a nearby hospital for additional care.